MCS Diaries

The Online Journal of a woman who suffers from Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS)

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Memorial Day

Thank you to all of our soldiers, past and present. My Dad served proudly in WWII in the India, China, & Burma campaign. His story is an interesting one. He was braver than I ever could have imagined.

My allergies are out of control as well as some aspects of my MCS. It's just never easy. I have a friend/cousin coming to stay with me soon for nine days and haven't yet talked to her about what she can bring into my home and what she can't use/bring in. I'm dreading that conversation. Although Julie is so sweet and loving and understanding of my MCS, my needs seem to complicate everything. Nothing is simple anymore. I don't even know what bed to give her to sleep in. Ordinarily I would give her my bed, but what if it becomes contaminated from her smoking or products? I won't be able to sleep in my bed anymore. After the first three months' of my illness when I could not sleep in my bed, I have to be so careful now. The only other choice is a sofa bed in the living room which won't be good for her back problem. I'm not sure what to do. Will breach the subject with her during our next telephone conversation.

No wonder I'm so tired! I'm always concerned about the impact my needs will have on others. I need to stop that!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home